Job: Full-time reporter/researcher to cover press freedom issues in the United States
- Comprehensively documenting all journalist arrests, border stops, equipment seizures, leak prosecutions and other categories of incidents that violate the rights of journalists in the United States.
- Coordinating with other press freedom groups in the country to verify these press freedom violations, then catalogue these incidents into a new website. The coalition will include Committee to Protect Journalists, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, Index on Censorship and others.
- Writing blog posts and alerts on specific cases, as well as sharing them on social media.
- At least 2 years of reporting and researching experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a coalition consisting of a variety of organizations.
- Willingness to pick up the phone and follow up on story leads, verify information, and stay on top of developing news.
- The ability to quickly write up breaking stories about press freedom violations.
- Strong social media skills to disseminate and amplify stories in a compelling way.
- Passion about press freedom issues and protecting the rights of journalists.